Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Neglect

Yesterday's list of glorious gimpiness failed to mention my fabulous elbows, one of which I lean on to type. Today it registers jealousy with a painful infection probably caused by a disintegrating armrest on my scooter harassing it for some weeks now. I'll not be typing much until it heals, since my gloriousness does not currently include patience for typing with just one pinky to avoid my usual position. The new armrest is due here next week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Black elbows got through leaning are trophies. It shows how much you work. Infections are gold medals ! You have just won it. Relish... Enjoy the break...

Alex
http://www.howtowheelchair.com/latest-wheelchair-news/

spotted elephant said...

Hope that you heal up quickly!

Anonymous said...

There is a product "NaturallySpeaking 9" that is a speech recognition package that you can buy for about $99.00 at your local software supplier like BestBuy, or CircuitCity. From the reviews, it does a good job once you pass the learning curve.

I bought the package, but could not get it installed on my system, but that is no an unusual complaint. Seems those that get it installed really like it.

AL Masters
Plano, TX

Kathy Podgers said...

I usually type with one finger, and sometimes with two, one from each hand. I lean on the palm of my hand, as my finger attempts to prosess the order from "brain central."

imfunnytoo said...

I use the speech recognition product above because my wrists prevent typing. It improves after you have had it awhile...

Kay Olson said...

Thanks all. Al Masters! Good to see you around. If you ever go back to blogging again be sure to send me a link.

Speech recognition would be seriously hard work for me. I speak now (and because the elbow got me so much love here, I'll add that since the vent my regular voice is nicely lower) but it's not always easy. Maybe in the future.