Disability Carnival #12 at From Where I'm Sitting
It's on crip culture of all kinds. Go. Enjoy. Tokah has done a remarkable job!
The next carnival is scheduled to be at Ballastexistenz on Thursday, April 26. Deadline, I expect, is the Monday before, as usual. Amanda has set the theme as "What Box?"
Also, I've just volunteered to host a carnival in May but I'm not sure of the exact date yet. The theme will be "Firsts" in whatever way you'd like to interpret that. I'd especially like to see our nondisabled allies contribute, as well as disability bloggers who haven't been heard from yet or feel they might not be qualified to post. More details later.



6 comments:
You're in the system to host #14, which should run the second Thursday in May. Thanks!
Ha! You've got my new logo now. It's the early-20c. patent illustration for a back brace, I found it on the Disability History Museum's site.
I love the new logo! They're kind of fun to try and make aren't they? And just as fun to see what other people create.
And thanks, my calendar is marked for hosting the carnival on Thursday, May 10.
I like your blog, I probably don't have enough of a disability to be part of that community (I'm bipolar and have 20/50 vision which makes urban driving impossible). But I identify more with people with disabilities than with ableds. Anyway, keep up the good work.
Matt, one of the things I find so interesting about disability as an identity is that it's so permeable and open for everyone, eventually anyway. I do know a person or two with bipolarism that consider themselves part of a disability community. It's a large nebulous thing.
Matt-I'm bipolar, but it took developing two "physical" conditions that drastically impacted my life for me to start thinking of myself as truly disabled.
What's ironic about all of this is that severe depression affects me and limits me to a much greater degree than the other two conditions do. There's a constant tendency to downplay mental illness.
Post a Comment