Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Things that crack me up, #26

The Gimp Parade is the ninth Google result for the search:

replacement parts for older japanese vacuums


Because, you know, that's what I'm all about.

7 comments:

David said...

I had a very funny google search on my blog where someone typed "How old is Kay Olsen?"

Penny L. Richards said...

Today, I learned that the DS,TU blog comes up 5th if you search "disabilities in folktales" -- hmmm!

Kay Olson said...

David, that cracks me up too. The last name is spelled wrong, but maybe someone was checking up on me?

Penny, that's a happy search result, I think.

There's been an impressive uptick in the number of people finding my site through Google lately. Not more visitors, just more via Google search. I'm not sure why, though I suspect the new Blogger's labels raise that number.

Penny L. Richards said...

I agree it's a happy search result; much better than the sad ones that come through too often ("I pity my disabled child" was one that still haunts me), or all the creepy ones (you know those too well, I'm sure). On the other hand, I may take it as permission to while away even more hours reading folktales!

Our sitemeter is jammed with google searches lately too. A few weeks ago, my first-grader came home explaining to me "how to google." Yikes. So maybe the user base is also expanding. I know that every single day, we get hits for "Juliette Gordon Low" and "Annie Jump Cannon"--school reports, I assume.

David said...

Who do you think in Houston Texas would want to know your age?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I got curious after David mentioned the search 'How old is Kay Olson?' on Google. The Gimp Parade comes up in the top three results.

Kay Olson said...

David, I'm not sure, but my age isn't any mystery. I'm 38. My blogger info says I'm "thirtysomething" mainly soit won't become obsolete for quite a while. When I hit forty, I do believe I'll say "40" though, instead of "fortysomething". ;)