Thursday, March 22, 2007

Things that crack me up, #20























It's not that there's accessible diving advertised on a giant sign at the beach in Valenciana that amuses me. It's that the huge universal symbol of accessibility is dressed up in a snorkel and little polka dot swim trunks. Like the chair is going in with him, or something. Like he's ready to barrel right off the end of the pier. He's ready!

Photo on Flickr by Krätze

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Does this mean that we can assume that the guys in all the other universal-wheelchair-access symbols aren't wearing any clothes?

Kay Olson said...

That's what I'm thinkin'. They're all nekkid!!

Dawn Allenbach said...

That's hysterical!

Penny L. Richards said...

At least it's trunks, and not, like, a tiny Speedo... the Access Guy is dressed and hip!

Or maybe she's forgotten her bikini top?

Anonymous said...

That is indeed sweet.

Anonymous said...

Oh, now, this I love! Thank you!

I never thought about the nakedness of the wheelchair guy before, though. Now I'm kind of creeped out. ;)

xine said...

luvs it! My Doc in his free time teaches scuba diving to folks who use chairs, I can just imagine someone describing that to some sign maker, and this is what they come up with :)

Kay Olson said...

Piny: Maybe he is already underwater with that subtle wave design behind him. That cracks me up too!

Karen Putz said...

Ah, but couldn't he/she go ahead and wheel on the ocean floor? :)

Kay Olson said...

Maybe he/she could. Though she would be topless....

bint alshamsa said...

Oh yeah, baby! Now all we need is the wheelchair guy in a space helmut and I will truly have seen it all.

Anonymous said...

Bint
Wasn't that one of Newt Gingrich's ideas? He wanted to create a colony on the moon... a place for people with disabilities? Ya know, so weightlessness could be our friend!

Segregation? just an unintended consequence. I think not.
Cilla