Things that crack me up #40
Image description: The color photo posted at Flickr by drewm shows a closeup of a sign, apparently for disabled access parking. There's a big white "P" on a blue background just above the symbol of Universal Access Wheelchair Guy, only Wheelchair Guy appears to be holding, well, I think it looks like a crown that royalty might wear. Beside these two images are the words "Disabled badger holders only." Is it possible the crown image is really a largish weaselly creature?
I know there's significant competition for parking spots everywhere these days, but these extra requirements just exhaust me. Now I have to find a badger that will sit in my lap?


6 comments:
It's not a crown, it's a somewhat stylised badger's face (looking straight at the viewer). The central, thicker line is the white stripe.
(As it's a UK sign, it's a European Badger, which looks quite different to an American one: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meles_meles )
It looks like the badger face was added by someone using a stencil and white paint. The extra "r" on the sign looks like a mistake by the actual signwriters, tho...
Actually, at a second look, the "r" might have been added with a stencil too, as without it "badge" would be closer to being centre-justified. (Or the whole thing could be photoshopped...)
There's a "Badger Medical Centre" in Birmingham that i need to take a photo of the sign for. I believe that "Badger" is an acronym, but i'm not sure what for...
Hehehe.
It's a UK sign? Aw, I was hoping it was in Wisconsin. My son has a Wisconsin Badgers T-shirt, so...if he's wearing that while I'm carrying him... I am, indeed, a Disabled Badger holder!
I rather like the idea of a Disabled Badger--they're ornery enough when they're *not* fighting with the insurance companies or navigating down badly-designed sidewalks....
Shiva: It took me a while, but now I see the badger face. I was looking for a whole badger, but you're right, it's just the head, striped like a skunk.
Penny: I've been fantasizing about parking somewhere, getting challenged by someone who says "Excuse me, are you disabled? Where's your placard?" Then I pull a big hissing badger out of my bag. Problem solved. I win.
Damn! I'm fresh out of badgers!
Post a Comment